Guidelines for Oral Paper Presentations
1) Oral paper presentations (PowerPoint, Prezi, etc.) are 15 minutes + a question period of about 5 minutes.
2) Computers are installed in all the conference rooms, so we ask you to bring your presentation on a USB key. You can download it on the computer in the conference room, between 5 and 10 minutes before the beginning of your session.
Guidelines for Poster Session
1) The maximum size allowed for posters is 90 X 120 cm (3 X 4 feet).
2) Miniature copies of the poster in paper format and your business card are to be provided, if possible.
3) We also suggest you provide an envelope in which visitors can leave their business card, to request additional information.
Tips for your Poster
1) The text should be large enough to be read 1.5 meters away. For example, here are the recommendations for font size if you use Arial as a font:
- Title = 72 pts
- Author and affiliation = 48 pts
- Body text = 36 pts
2) The use of a simple background and a color palette that will not distract the attention of the audience is recommended.
3) Excessive use of logos is not recommended.
For more tips on developing your poster, please visit: http://isc.uqam.ca/fr/archives-des-evenements/14/112-conseils-a-la-realisation-dun-poster.html.